Monday 7 March 2011

Sixty

In the future, we will be able to control everything we do. We can stop ourselves from worrying, we will be able to have the relationships we always wanted. We will be able to attain our desired weight and height with the flick of a switch and shift, amoebalike, into any job of our choosing. We will be able to be artists, musicians, scientists and builders without the mental agony of worrying to switch jobs. We won't have homes - we won't need them. We'll just float on the ether and imagine our perfect worlds.

I think, though, that I'd rather be here now with my anxiety and uncertainty. I think I'd rather embrace the black fug of tomorrow and make my inevitable mistakes.

I mean, if there's one thing I want from the future, it's probably only rocketships.

No comments:

Post a Comment